Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Bold and unashamed for the gospel of Jesus Christ because we KNOW who we have believed.


SOMEONE LOVES YOU. UNCONDITIONALLY. UNSHAKABLE, UNFAILINGLY.
That Someone is God Himself. But how can that be possible? Why would God love you so? Because He has fashioned an unbreakable covenant between Himself and you. And He always keeps His promises. “Everything God does,” says Kay Arthur, “is based on His covenant.” And when you understand how thoroughly the dynamic concept of covenant permeates everything God says in His Word, and everything He does in our lives, you’ll come to experience one of the most stabilizing, most freeing truths you’ll ever know. Kay Arthur, Our Covenant God: Living in the Security of His Unfailing Love.
11703EB: Our Covenant God: Living in the Security of His Unfailing Love - eBook Our Covenant God: Living in the Security of His Unfailing Love - eBook
By Kay Arthur / WaterBrook Press

 My very first Precept Upon Precept Bible Study was the study of Covenant. I fell in love with God all over again. As a grown woman who has been "saved" for more than 30 years - there were things that I had never even heard of or knew about God's Covenant with me. Through this study His Love captured my heart anew. That was 10 years ago. My heart is still filled with fresh love for my God, my redeemer, the Lover of My Soul.

Today is the last day of 2011. I am strongly impressed that THIS is the year I am called to act on the mandate that God has given to me. Now is the time to step out in Faith and know Him deeper and proclaim His Goodness. This new year is the year that I stop putting off God's call in my life until "someday."

God's Mandate - To know Him and make Him known.
God is calling me, calling us to a deeper, richer, more fulfilling "knowing" of Himself. He has done much to demonstrate His boundless love towards us. God shares the intimacy of His many powerful names as descriptions of His character and identity. Through this insights into himself, He makes Himself available as Healer, Provider, Almighty, and Ever-Present Help in time of need.

In September of 2010, the associate pastor's wife at Conrad Mission Church, introduced the women to a study by Beth Moore called "Believing God". This was another pivotal and life changing Bible Study for me.

431892: Believing God Believing God
By Beth Moore / B & H Publishing Group

If God is who he says he is and can indeed do what he says he can do, why are so many Christians living mediocre lives? Beth Moore thinks that there is a simple answer to this question: unbelief. Therefore, in Believing God she challenges us to take God at his word, believe his promises and, as a result, live fuller lives. Don't be afraid to set aside your unbelief and experience the great blessings of God's promises.

In this study, Beth Moore builds the lessons on this 5 part statement of Faith:
  1. God is who He says He is.
  2. God can do what He says He can do.
  3. I am who God says I am.
  4. I can do all things through Christ.
  5. God's Word is alive and Active in me.
Every day since that study I have had the call of God in my heart to really know each of those 5 statements with clarity and practical use in my every day life. It's is time to take this message from my heart to my world - to ignite a fire in the hearts of other believers to know and understand the God we believe in.

Paul states in the II Timothy 1:12, "For this reason I also suffer these things, but I am not ashamed; for I know whom I have believed and I am convinced that He is able to guard what I have entrusted to Him until that day." Bold and unashamed for the gospel of Jesus Christ because we KNOW who we have believed.


096652: Believing God: Leader Kit DVD Believing God: Leader Kit DVD
By Lifeway

Based on Isaiah 43:10, Believing God: Experiencing a Fresh Explosion of Faith explores what it means to believe God. Through studying the lives of Abraham, Moses, and others from Hebrews 11 as examples of persons who believed in God, Beth encourages women to deepen their own trust in God and receive a fresh word from Him. Join Beth for 10 life-changing weeks and learn to believe God! This Leader Kit includes ten video sessions on six DVDs, a Leader Guide, and one Member book.

No comments:

Post a Comment