Pages

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Scripture Memory - Psalms 119


In my pursuit to really know and live what I believe I am stepping up on intentional scripture memory. I've memorized scripture as a child in Sunday school to win a prize. Now as an adult I've tended to memorize the verses I need in "the heat of battle." Memorizing scripture relevant to my life circumstances became very easy to me because every word has been so vital for my daily living. I've been really happy with my progress but I sense the Holy Spirit calling me to more. I feel the need to intentionally choose portions of scripture and commit them to memory, hiding God's Word in my heart in an effort to grow in godliness and experience the power of God's life changing Word.

I discovered a website that I'm trying out  - wonder if they have an app for it, I will have to check it out. The website is called Memverse. This tutorial tells how the free online software works.

The verses I am working on is Psalms 119 - yah I know - the longest chapter in the Bible. That's not the reason that I chose this first. I asked the Lord and this is the chapter that came to mind. God has been speaking to me about the power and importance of His Word. Psalms 119 is filled with truth declaration about God's Word. 

The Lord has been wooing me to become a more grounded Christian Woman so that I am a channel of His mighty power to a world that is hopelessly lost without him. I am hopelessly lost without Him. 

Let me challenge you to watch what God will do in and through you if you hide His Word in your heart.

Go create an account over at Memverse. Let me know what verses you're working on and we can encourage each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment