Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

Mondays are for Memory - Psalms 119:1-8

I am starting a few new things that will help me accomplish a couple of things:

  • improve my blogging consistency - I am aiming at posting something every day. It may not be long or in depth. I need to put to words this message that God has laid on my heart. 
  • exercise myself in the activities that God is revealing as seeds for the fruitfulness I am in search of.
  • recording my activity to be accountable.
My first new thing is scripture memory. As I mentioned in a previous post, I have always done scripture memory - mostly on an "as needed" (HA!) basis, but this is a new start of an intentional, progressive move through the scripture, hiding it in my heart so that the words of THE WORD speak to me in all of life, on all of life.

I'm setting aside Monday's on the blog to post my verses and my progress, revelations and results of hiding God's Word in  my heart. I hope you will join me. Please accept my invitation to leave a comment on these Monday posts about the verses you're hiding in your heart.

For the week of January 16th, I am memorizing and meditating (yes, I will add that...Monday is for Memorizing and Meditating...I will add another post on what God is teaching me about meditating) the following verses - Psalms 119:1-8:

1 Blessed are those whose way is blameless,
who walk in the law of the Lord!

2 Blessed are those who keep his testimonies,
who seek him with their whole heart,
3 who also do no wrong,
but walk in his ways!
4 You have commanded your precepts
to be kept diligently.
5 Oh that my ways may be steadfast
in keeping your statutes!
6 Then I shall not be put to shame,
having my eyes fixed on all your commandments.
7 I will praise you with an upright heart,
when I learn your righteous rules.
8 I will keep your statutes;
do not utterly forsake me!

Resources for Scripture Memorization:

Memverse
Online resource to aid in memorizing verses in the Bible. (This is the tool that I use)

I really like Dr. Davis opening chapter on the value of Scripture memorization, "There are numerous spiritual benefits to the memorization of Scripture. A proper assessment of these benefits begins with understanding the role of the written word of God in our spiritual development." Read more...

Work on scripture memory with a group of women online - A - Z. 26 Scriptures to memorize for 2012. It's more fun to do scripture memory with a supportive group to encourage and celebrate your success.

I really liked how this talented blogger created a tool to help her with scripture memory. I'm gonna look for one of these. IKEA is one of my favorite stores to shop - I don't need another excuse to go there for another treasure. Oh, and I just had to add her Bible Verse Key Fob to the accessories list - this would be a wonderful idea for a theme verse for the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment