Pages

Thursday, July 27, 2017

Life School of Supermatural Ministry: The Journey Begins


This September, 2017, I begin a journey I've been planning for and waiting to start for at least two years. I'll be attending Life School of Supernatural Ministry at Life Church in Salem, Oregon. Currently they offer a program commitment of one 3 hour evening a week.

Here is the description from their website:
Life School of Supernatural Ministry is a discipleship and leadership training center based on the Bethel School of Supernatural Ministry (Redding, CA) curriculum. Our goal is to train and equip the Body of Christ to live the real, abundant life that Jesus spoke of in John 10:10. It's not enough to go to church - God has called us to BE the church. Being ONLY ONE NIGHT A WEEK (Tuesdays), it is very feasible for everyone to participate, couples, families, and singles who have work or other responsibilities to attend to throughout the week. The school is designed to provide a dynamic, interactive community setting where students can grow in their character, discover their purpose, and experience the supernatural life that is in Christ Jesus. Using DVD curriculum provided by BSSM, students will have the great opportunity to learn from ministers like Bill Johnson, Kris Vallotton, and Danny Silk. Live teaching from local ministers will also be included in the training. Life School embraces a revival culture and trains its students to live a life of signs, wonders, and miracles in a practical, day to day setting. Ministry opportunities will be presented. If you are hungry for more of God, then this school is for you!
Since LSSM is based on Bethel School of Supernatural Ministry, following is there mission statement:
Our mission is to equip and deploy revivalists who passionately pursue world-wide transformation in their God given spheres of influence. Students are trained to continue in the ministry style of Jesus: to enjoy the presence of God, say what He is saying, and do what He is doing.
Yesterday I interviewed with one of the school pastors to make sure I understood the commitment that I am making to show up, to read the required list of books (it's a short list!) and to engage in the community of students. Yes! I'm all in!

Here's the list of books I'll be reading:
  •  When Heaven Invades Earth, by Bill Johnson - I'll have this read by the time class starts in September. The rest of the books will be read throughout the 10 months of the 1st year, not necessarily in the following order.
  • Cutlure of Honor by Danny Silk
  • You May All Prophesy by Steve Thompson
  • Compelled by Love by Heidi Baker
The plan is to begin the reading of these books and share my thoughts and favorite quotes that impact me as I go. I will also share testimonies of how God shows up in response to my pursuit of him.

My purpose in sharing and writing is to spread the hunger for the supernatural lifestyle and to leave a legacy that invites the next generation to pursue the presence of God to invade the earth.

I hope you'll follow this journey and be inspired to pursue The Presence of God and Live a Supernatural Lifestyle. Join me as a World Changer, as a Revivalist. Walk like Jesus walked.
And when Jesus went out He saw a great multitude; and He was moved with compassion for them, and healed their sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment