Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Who Am I? Who are You?




I just love this excerpt that I read over on Don Miller's Blog where he writes his thoughts which, I think, eventually go into his books. Please go read the full post to capture the full measure of the story.
Made in the image of God, able to speak something into nothing, able to create solutions to the worlds problems, we stammer about in disbelief, waiting for somebody else to take responsibility for our lives and for the lives we have been given to care for. We are all creators, but too many reject the God-given right to create and instead become consumers, hiding in the safety of some government, some corporation, some self-help philosophy to take care of us. And so why should we be surprised when we turn around and somebody is sitting in our chair, dictating how our marriage will go, how our career will go, whether or not we can have peace with our neighbors? We shouldn’t be surprised. We handed them our authority.
Until I did Beth Moore's Believing God Bible Study I didn't give much of a thought to seeking my own identity as God defines me. When Beth declared with confidence, "I am who God says I am!" At first I thought, "ME TOO!" and then I thought, "Who does God say I am?"

The Faith Project is about this journey to discover God and myself as God defines us both. The discovery is thrilling! Like a country girl in New York City my eyes are wide open and my jaw dropped at the amazing discoveries I never knew were here all along.

Discovery this good cannot be kept to myself. Join me in this Faith Project.

Do you know who you are?






096652: Believing God: Leader Kit DVDBelieving God: Leader Kit DVD

By Lifeway


Based on Isaiah 43:10, Believing God: Experiencing a Fresh Explosion of Faith explores what it means to believe God. Through studying the lives of Abraham, Moses, and others from Hebrews 11 as examples of persons who believed in God, Beth encourages women to deepen their own trust in God and receive a fresh word from Him. Join Beth for 10 life-changing weeks and learn to believe God! This Leader Kit includes ten video sessions on six DVDs, a Leader Guide, and one Member book.

No comments:

Post a Comment