Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

Is "Hospitality" a fruit of the Spirit?



Awesome Contest at the Reluctant Entertainer

The fruit of the Spirit listed in Galatians 5 doesn't list hospitality as one of the fruits - but I can imagine that one who is hospitable may have the fruit of the Spirit.

For me - I am at best an anxious host. I squirm when people say, "Can I just stop by your house?" I could tell you a story about how having people to my home makes me pull out my "I am not good enough, and neither is my house" badge. However, the Holy Spirit has been gently "provoking me to love and good works" to grow in the area of hospitality.

One of the blogs I have been reading to prepare me for the big step of moving out of my comfort zone to be obedient to the Holy Spirit is Reluctant Entertainer, written by Sandy Coughlin. I want to introduce you to the beautiful blog written with grace and wisdom for the most reluctant entertainer among us (ME!).

Sandy and a couple other partners, who I know you will LOVE, are having a fabulous contest going and I want you to be a part of it. If you win I want to celebrate with you!

The Holy Spirit is teaching me that being hospitable has everything to do with my Faith Project. Some of Jesus greatest ministry happened as he sat down to break bread or share a meal. Hospitality is a significant way to touch people with the heart and hands of Christ our redeemer.

No comments:

Post a Comment